May reads

I have some very exciting news to share! This summer I will be conducting research in Japan! This is like a dream come true to me. I have visited the country before and absolutely fell in love, and now I get to spend several months chasing butterflies there. I couldn’t be happier.

And don’t think I won’t take advantage of the new market to find new books. I’ve already located a book store that specializes in English translations of books by Japanese authors. I have no idea what I will find, but I am ready to extend my Japanese literature knowledge and experiences.

In preparation for this adventure, I have decided that the month of May will focus on books either written by Japanese authors, or take place in Japan. Fantastically, May coincides with the English release of Haruki Murakami’s new collection of short stories! But it won’t end there.

The four novels I have picked out for this month so far are:







Have any suggestions for me? I’m always looking for more! 

Comments